JUVÉDERM® Collection of Fillers
At Las Colinas Dermatology, we offer the popular, FDA-approved Juvéderm injectables to correct wrinkles and fine lines. Juvéderm is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that acts like a cushion under the skin, adding volume and smoothing wrinkles for a more youthful appearance. Juvéderm can be used on various areas of the face, such as around the mouth, cheeks, nose, and forehead. We can also use Juvéderm to correct concave scarring or scars caused by acne.
As one of the longest lasting dermal fillers on the market, Juvéderm is an excellent temporary solution to postpone more invasive procedures. Our highly skilled team at Las Colinas Dermatology will be happy to sit down with you to discuss if any of the Juvéderm formulas are right for you.
Juvederm is now available in five different formulations:
- Juvederm Volbella is the thinnest formulation and is used to correct vertical lips lines and outline the lips.
- Juvederm Ultra is a bit thicker than Volbella and is used for mild corrections in the nasolabial folds and lower face.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus has a thicker, plumping formula which is perfect for adding volume to the body of the lips or deeper facial folds.
- Juvederm Vollure is the newest member of the Juvederm family. It’s softer and easier to mold for those wanting a subtle, natural-looking correction. Vollure lasts six months longer than Juvederm Ultra and Ultra Plus.
- Juvederm Voluma is a formulation specifically designed to lift and add volume to the midface and cheeks. Voluma has been clinically shown to last up to 2 years.
How long does it last?
JUVÉDERM® typically lasts four to six months, although this may vary from patient to patient.
Are JUVÉDERM® injections painful?
As with any filler injections, JUVÉDERM® injections can be painful. A topical anesthetic cream will be applied before treatment, and ice is used during treatment to reduce discomfort.
What can I expect after treatment?
Redness, swelling and bruising can occur after treatment. Most side effects are mild and resolve in a few days. An ice pack will be applied immediately after treatment to reduce bruising and swelling.
How do I know which filler to choose?
Dr. Black or Brooke Smart, FNP will evaluate the areas you wish to treat and your past treatment with fillers and then determine which filler is likely to give you the best results. Sometimes a combination of fillers is used to achieve the desired effect.
To learn more about how JUVÉDERM® or other dermal fillers can give you a refreshed appearance, call us at 972.432.0300 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Alison Black or Brooke Smart, FNP.